Come on, Login and lets get started..
Abstracts are short written pieces of literature that describe a longer completed work. Abstracts are written for five main purposes,
• Give readers the key findings of a topic
• Help readers understand the a piece of literature by acting as an outline of key points
• Index articles for quick recovery and cross-referencing
• Allow supervisors review technical work without having all the details.
• Give readers a synopsis of an entire book
TYPES OF ABSTRACTS
1. Descriptive abstracts
2. Informative abstracts
A descriptive abstract outlines the major topics covered in a piece of literature helping readers decide whether to read an entire book. This type of abstract does not cover the contents of a piece. It is like a table of contents written in a paragraph form. A descriptive abstracts contain certain key parts in common.
Overview of the Contents
This type of abstract gives detailed information about a piece of writing. It outlines all the areas covered in content and acts as a main source of information for a piece of writing. The informative abstract is generally used for science, engineering, or psychology reports. Informative abstracts contain certain key points.
QUALITIES OF A GOOD ABSTRACT
A good abstract always an Introduction, body, and conclusion structure discussing each segment of the paper in order.
A good also follows the chronological order of the report providing logical connections between materials used.